I can help you with just about any type of written document, whether you need an extra eye on your fantastic novel or short story, the new issue of your magazine, academic or corporate documents, and more. While my expertise is in genre fiction, broadly defined, I also have extensive experience with other forms of literary and non-fiction writing.
I offer three types of services for potential clients with a rough baseline of cost:
- ($0.01/word) Basic Proofreading (grammar and spelling, primarily)
- ($0.02/word) In-depth Proofreading (grammar, spelling, and writing style)
- ($0.03/word) Copy editing / Developmental editing (proofreading plus structural editing, including assessments of plot, character, organization, pacing, and other elements)
Each level is tailored to your specific project, which might include any of the following (or other unlisted document formats):
- Academic writing (essays, personal statements, graduate school applications, dissertations and theses, etc.)
- Books, novels, and short fiction
- Content for newspapers, blogs, magazines, etc.
- Ad Copy
Return times will also depend on the length, style, and type of document(s) provided. The following is a rough estimate of the return times for documents at certain lengths:
- 5,000 words or less –> 5 Days (max)
- 5,000 to 25,000 words –> 5-10 Days
- 25,000 to 50,000 words –> 1-2 Weeks
- 50,000 words –> Negotiable
Extensive copy editing may require additional time depending on the document(s), which will be discussed before work is officially contracted. Developmental edits will likely require additional time as well given the nature of editing work for novel-length projects.
Additionally, you can request rush delivery for most documents for an additional cost — to be negotiated with you. If you need a document edited soon, send a quote request with “rush delivery” in your message content.
If you have a project you’d like me to check out, send me an email. I’m happy to hear what you’re working on!
Let’s get to work!